Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sam's 24th Birthday

Sam just recently had a birthday! His birthday was on August 23rd. Sadly it was the second day of the semester and Sam had class late that night so, as a family, we celebrated Sam's birthday the following Friday night... we had steak, baked potatoes, grilled asparagus, pistachio salad, and all kinds of delicious food! I also made Sam a birthday cake... that began as a complete disaster. I tried twice to bake two 9" round cakes but the cakes did not come out clean either time. Luckily we were able to save the second attempt and turn it into a pretty decent cake!


It might have not been the prettiest looking cake, but it sure tasted good!


The very cute birthday boy :)


Lucy helping Sam blow out his candles.


Sam holding Whitney.


As for Sam's birthday gift, he was in GREAT need of a bike jersey, so naturally I had to get him a Utah jersey.


We rode up Emigration in our matching jerseys and thought we were pretty cool :). Needless to say, I think it was another successful birthday!



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Sammy Boy!! Sorry I missed wishing you so, I think I was too wrapped up in my mom's surprise party. It looks like it was a good one.
    We really need to plan a Whitmore-Williams game night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sam! Nicole, I'm totally jealous of your Utah bike jerseys! I have to get me one of those...

    ReplyDelete