Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy birthday to me

So this past Sunday was my 22nd birthday... pretty crazy that I am 22 now! I had such a good birthday. Unlike last year (it snowed literally ALL day) it was such a beautiful day! About 50 degrees and sunshine! I loved it. I didn't do anything super special for my birthday but it still was a nice day (although the Daylight savings was kind of killer). Basically went to church, went on a walk (which I LOVED), opened my presents (Sam got me an awesome University of Utah bike jersey-- which I cannot wait to wear!), ate dinner with the fam, had cake and ice cream... having a birthday on a Sunday kind of limits things. BUT, the day before I got to go shopping which was fun and Sam's mom took us all out to dinner. I got to pick so naturally, I chose Pizza Factory. I LOVE that place! The garlic breadsticks and BBQ chicken pizza are to die for! I am a sucker for pizza, it is so yummy.

Sam and I at Pizza Factory


The highlight of my birthday was probably the cutest, most delicious cake Sam made for me. 


Is this not the cutest ting you've ever seen?!?! I love it so much. Sam decided he wanted to make me a really cool cake and since elephants are my favorite animal (which I think I have mentioned before) this is the one he chose. I only helped him make the frosting... everything else he did all by himself! I am still so impressed. He did a wonderful job. AND the cake tasted great too!

Yes they actually put 22 candles on my cake


Us trying to take more pictures since we are not so good at remembering to do it.


I am so grateful to have such a wonderful husband and to be surrounded by such amazing people. Everyone made me feel so special on my birthday. Thank you so much everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Nicole! You have a blog?! Awesome, I love it. Now, be good at posting!
    Glad you had a fun day, I love that Sam made a cake for you. Too cute.
    And you look darling with your bangs pulled back btw (but, you look darling no matter what)

    ReplyDelete