Monday, March 28, 2011

My job

So today I realized that I forgot to share all the fun details of MY new job! Well, about a month ago I got a job with the Purchasing Department at the U. My good friend Alexis called me up one evening and asked if I still needed a job and I did so she gave me her boss's info and after an interview I got the job! I was SO relieved. I had been looking ever since Sam and I got married and the job market did not look too promising. It is hard to get a decent job without a degree I have decided. And of course I needed one that works with my school schedule and wanted one that did not require working on the weekends. This one is PERFECT for both accounts. They really work with students which is wonderful.

So far I am enjoying the job. I do a lot of data input, I work at the front desk sometimes, and then I just do all the other jobs people need done. Grunt work basically. But I don't mind it. The work isn't the most exciting stuff ever but it is a good atmosphere to work in. All the people are really nice and helpful so it really makes the job a lot better. Plus, I get to work with Alexis and a few other friends... so fun! AND I even have my own cubicle! Here is the little beauty...




I think it is pretty cool I have two computer screens... although I always forget to use the right one...


Everyone else has a name tag so I just decided to make my own :)


Okay so it is not incredibly glamorous but I did not even expect to have my own cubicle in the first place! So I like to think it is cool. 


1 comment:

  1. I think it is way cool too. I always wanted my own desk and cubicle. So glad you have a job.

    ReplyDelete