Thursday, April 28, 2011

Baking and Cooking

Today I do not have school OR work... which pretty much never happens anymore. One of the beauties of the end of the semester. Therefore... I spent the morning baking!!



I made my mother's DELICIOUS banana bread (seriously it's the best... AND has no butter or shortening!) and then tried a new recipe for oatmeal butterscotch chip cookies. Last time Sam and I made oatmeal butterscotch chip cookies they were DELISH but would not stay together at all. Thus, I tried a new recipe. These ones do stay together a little better. And are delish as well! 

Anyway, so far today has been lovely. Baking is just so relaxing, I love it. I don't get to do it enough so I decided I would take this opportunity to make some yummy treats. Which will be going to Sam and I's work tomorrow... so they will be the judges of it all. AND... later I am going to try out a new recipe for baked potato soup and twisty breadsticks. YUM! I absolutely love to cook so I am excited to try these out... they look wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. My beautiful niece is becoming extremely domesticated, and it's so cute!! Looks like married life agrees with you, my dear :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hate cooking and baking. That is Ben's department in our household. Wish I could try your bread and cookies. They sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete